Wednesday, August 8

What's your sign?

I know that I've said it before, but the fact that the space shuttle Endeavour is spelled in the English/British way bugs me to no end. The space shuttle is a distinctly American accomplishment, and it should not be spelled with that irritating "u" in it. If I was NASA's copy editor back then, I would never have allowed this to happen. It does not make the shuttle more proper, distinguished or intimidating. It makes it like the peeps we kicked out of our country years and years ago. This is our triumph, and should not be spelled like it would be in merry old England.

And now, with that editorially patriotic rhetoric over, we shall proceed with the blog as planned. ...
We watched Zodiac tonight: good little movie. I was pretty impressed by the number of recognizable names that were in it. I knew about Jake Gyllenhaal and Mark Ruffalo, but Anthony Edwards ("Goose!"), Dermot Mulroney, Ione Skye, Donal Logue, Chloe Sevigny, and Brian Cox were pleasant surprises. What freaks me out the most about this movie? That even though they think they know who did it, and he's dead by the way, they were never able to prove in a court of law that this was the guy who killed all those people. I hate it when the bad guy gets away with the crime! He didn't though, really, since he died in a manner he didn't dictate (heart attack) knowing that the cops were on to him. Still, it's disturbing subject matter. I dug the flick though.

No comments: