Saturday, August 11

The subscription isn't a waste now

For the first time in, I'll say more than nine months, I sat, read and finished a Vanity Fair. I mean, I love that magazine. It's just that the stories are so long and involved that sitting and going through it has lately become a bit of a chore. But not last night. Nope, I got comfortable and started from the beginning, flipping through the ads, checking out the random star facts, and reading through all the articles that interested me. (I rarely read it cover to cover. I stick with the topics that consistently pull me in, such as Old Hollywood, recent scandals, in-depth profiles and the like.) Yep, for the first time since Sydney was born, I did what I used to do: I dedicated an unspecified block of time in an evening to catching up on everything Vanity Fair. It felt good. I feel informed, educated, in the know. I like it. Maybe I'll even read through last month's issue, too.

No comments: