Tuesday, August 28

It'll be 88 in Honolulu tomorrow

ITEM!: I've had the most lovely conversation with Tara tonight. In fact, we're chatting online right now. She's awesome. Truly. I so wish that so may of you in my blogosphere could meet her. And I'll tell you something else: She's moving to Hawaii with her new husband this winter! How jealous am I? Ridiculously!
The weird thing is that Brian's dental license is good in Hawaii, and he's all for a move there. It sounds great, but I just couldn't be that far away from the family again, you know? Although, I do see Sydney and I quite comfortably hanging out on the beach, weaving palm frond hats for the tourists.
ITEM!: Today, Phoenix tied the record for amount of days in a year with temperatures more than 110 degrees. Yep, this is where we live. Everywhere we go, the temperature records fall. Today was the 28th day of 2007 with a high temperature of more than 110 degrees. Tomorrow should set the new record, as it is forecasted to hit 111 degrees.
ITEM!: I did not get up early, nor stay up that late, to watch the lunar eclipse this morning. Because of this, I suck. Gone are the days when being able to see this wonder would have been the dare I needed to go an evening without sleep. Now, I didn't think twice about missing it because I need the sleep to keep up with a 10-month-old crawler. My, how things have changed.
ITEM!: Oh, and I totally think that the senator from Idaho is gay. Only gay men know what the little signals are to catch some illicit tail from one place to the next. Old senators from states in the middle aren't hip enough to know these things unless they put them into practice. And besides, this guy was charged in some gay sex scandal years ago, too.
What is so wrong about these guys admitting to their proclivities and enjoying the life of a gay man? Why must they hide behind their own masks, and wives, and hate themselves for who they are? And even if they aren't ready to be out on the town, why do they have to vote for governmental actions that will limit and ruin the lives of the happy gay people in the country?
I think it's the hypocrisy that upsets me more. That the senator voted against all the gay rights legislation is just hypocrisy run amok. Amok, amok, amok.

1 comment:

-T. said...

I must say...moving to Hawaii was a much easier decision in AUGUST than it would have been in say...April. We expect you to visit =)