Tuesday, July 31

Still as awesome as the first time

I'm re-reading the Harry Potter books. Tonight, I finished Sorcerer's Stone, the first in the series. I don't think that I've read it since the first time.
Jeez, even on page eight, the brilliant J.K Rowling is making small, but critical, allusions to things that will happen later in the books, and even in the final tome. Here, in page eight, she describes AlbusDumbledore, and comments on his nose and how it's crooked and must have been broken. Those who have read Book 7 understand the significance. But here it is, in little Book 1. A hint as to something in the final one. She's f*ckin' awesome, you all. Just too brilliant.
Stuff I noticed: Snape really is a prick from the very beginning; Neville certainly develops into a cooler dude as the years go by; the Dursleys are so mean; Harry really is kinda sucked into his fame; she mentions Sirius Black in the first chapter ... the FIRST chapter; it's easy to see how one can get so hooked on these awesome little reads.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Where has my Babe gone?