Sunday, July 29

Notice that there's nothing on the screen

We went down to Sierra Vista for a visit this weekend. Brian's parents did the incredible for us: they babysat Sydney while we went to the movies. The Transformers was awesome. It was the perfect movie for the summer. Action-packed, funny, technically amazing, and entertaining are some of the best adjectives that I can think of to describe the movie. The electricity went out about 20 minutes before the movie ended. A few seconds later, first came emergency lighting, and second came the movie rebooted in exactly the right spot.

And I think that, because we left it alone for two days, our cable is rebelling and has called a strike. Who knows what goes through the wires of cable boxes, especially when they've been left to plot against us for 48 straight hours. Both boxes, in the living room and bedroom, have frozen on the spot and refuse to give us any picture whatsoever. In fact, after a bit of messing with them, they won't even pop up the time. (Ever wonder how many times you check the time on your cable box? Have it disappear. Make a note every time you glance at it and then look away still not knowing.) Cox Communications is coming by Tuesday morning, between 8 a.m. and 10 a.m., to check it and figure out what the problem is. In the meantime, we have watched The Incredibles, the entire series DVD of Kitchen Confidential, Super Troopers, The Bourne Identity, The Departed, Lisa Lampenelli's comedy show (I'm not much of a fan), and Scrubs: Season 5. Oh yeah, and a sprinkling of Baby Einstein. I have no idea what I will find myself watching tomorrow, or even later tonight. Brian said to me this afternoon, "I didn't know how dependent we were on television." He has stated to me several times today, "I miss TV." I miss it, too.

No comments: