Wednesday, July 18

If the fan was installed, I'd notice

ITEM!: I watched three movies starring Simon Baker today. It's weird how, sometimes, HBO and Cinemax kind of fall in love with an actor and seem to showcase that person for a day. Today, was Simon Baker Day. First, Something New, costarring Sanaa Latham. Second, Land of the Dead, even though he costarred with my old nemesis John Leguizamo. Third, Red Planet, though, truth be told, that one is as much about Val Kilmer. Also playing on the channel, though I didn't watch it, was The Devil Wears Prada. See? Simon Baker Day!
ITEM!: I am officially staying away from any article that begins with or includes the words Harry Potter. I do not want to know anything about this book! I am hating all the people trying to fill the Internet and news outlets with spoilers! Let us discover and enjoy the book in our own way and at our own pace! ... Joe e-mailed me this morning about Saturday, which he assumed would be "Don't Bother Mommy" Day. Unfortunately, I had to disabuse him of that notion, since I currently have one super huge distraction (all 18 pounds of her), as well as my six-year wedding anniversary. For the first time ever, Harry Potter will be a multi-day read. That is a bit of a drag, but I'm okay with extending the book and my enjoyment in reading it. ... And just to be sure, I tracked my Barnes & Noble order this afternoon. It has, according to their information, shipped already with an expedited delivery of Saturday. Here's hoping it'll be earlier in the day, rather than later. Or that Brian will bop out and pick me up a copy before the postperson gets here, like he did for the last one. I think I'll dig in to Half-Blood Prince, too, just to refresh my memory.
ITEM!: For the record, Basha's is an expensive grocery store. How I could total $62 from my piddly little list today is beyond me. I have decided that a nicer-looking store and covered parking do not equal the $15 I would have saved shopping at my Albertson's across the street.
ITEM!: And you know all those requests I made to my apartment management for the upgrades in appliance and general upkeep of my apartment? Yeah, well, they still haven't been done. I went in to the office this morning, and checked on their "status." If you can believe it, each of my 12 work orders have been filed as "completed." I'm all, "What? None of this stuff is done!" Scott is going to check in to it for me. I actually said to him, "I'm beginning to think that you don't want us here!" Of course, he denied that, but still, we'll see if I have to call again on Friday.
ITEM!: Michael Vick should be made to enter a life-and-death fight with all the dogs that he's killed, abused and made compete in dogfighting competitions. That anyone does this to an animal, any animal, is awful. Here's hoping that he gets the years and years in prison to think about what a cold-hearted, uncaring, disgusting and not-fit-to-live existence he's carved out for himself.

No comments: