Wednesday, July 25

I kept the U2 posters too, of course

I'm bugged by Blogger lately. Are any of my fellow bloggers coming up against a delay when typing in the template? I can be on the end of a fourth sentence by the time the stupid text on the screen catches up with the beginning of my second sentence. That makes for errors in my typing, and irritation when I have to sit and wait for it to catch up to me.

I've been spending random bits of time organizing through my guest/office closet lately. Today, I tackled the two poster tubes that, once I opened them, were full to bursting with random bits of art I've collected and saved from apartments all the way back to college. Yes, Monet's Waterlilies was there, as was a Titanic and Harry Potter poster. Really, I looked through the collection with little emotion. Those three were tossed, as was a poster of New York's skyline, pre-Sept. 11; the Empire State Building; paintings of some kids playing with a boat in the water and The Phoenix Open 2000; and a worn down and crumbling movie poster for Gone With The Wind. What I did find that will need a frame is a piece I bought from the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences that displays every Best Picture winner through history up to 1997. I also found a cartoon drawing of three cows that will look cool in Sydney's room. Those are the only two that I kept. And I've started another pile of stuff for Goodwill.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no - - if it wasn't so hot outside I would ask you to retrieve the New York skyline pre-9/11 - - truly something we will never see again !!!! - - can't wait to see the Oscar winners though - - very cool - - - ad

-T. said...

Nothing like cleaning out your stuff to make room for more stuff to take you on a trip down memory lane...and I'm with the other commentator...don't trash the Pre-9/11 poster..you can show Sydney!