Friday, July 20

I don't even know how many pages

I totally want to go to the Borders down the street tonight to buy my copy of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows at midnight. Huh. As I say that, I am sitting on my bed, computer in my lap, watching Superman Returns, wearing my pajamas. I'm too tired to be out and about at midnight tonight. No matter how much I want to be.
I'll tell you though, Brian and I are going to the movies tomorrow, and then to have lunch to celebrate our six-year wedding anniversary. I'm trusting Auntie Donna, not only with my baby, but with taking possession of the book when it's delivered while we're gone.
I remember Brian hand-delivering my copy of Half-Blood Prince to me when it came out. Just like it was yesterday, I can taste the absolute anticipation, and how I could hardly wait to open it and get to reading. Tomorrow will be a bittersweet day, I think. I mean really, who hasn't looked forward to seeing how the story ends? There's a sadness though, to knowing that, well, the story ends. I've been anticipating the "next" Harry Potter book for so long that I don't know what I'll do tomorrow, once I've got the final one in my hands. It could all come down to the movies, but they've been so different from the book experiences, that they're a bit anti-climactic.
Still, I can't wait for it to be in my fists.

p.s. I haven't read a single review or article about the tome. I've been on a Harry Potter black-out. If I see the name in the headline, I don't even bother clicking the article. It bugs me that kids in England and on the East Coast are reading it already.

No comments: