Monday, July 23

I can't really believe that it's done

It is nice to know that Sydney can be happy even when I've been a bit negligent as a mother. Oh, she's been fed, diapered and played with regularly, but not with the normal enthusiasm she's used to. Indeed, no, I'll gleefully tell you that I've been preoccupied with a certain 17-year-old wizard and his life-and-death fight with a certain bad guy who can not be named. And tonight, at 7:43 p.m., I was satisfied with the ending to a seven-book story arc that I wished so fervently to know "what happens next." Brian is reading it now, so I have to keep the events to myself. I may, however, open myself up to the online reviews, spoilers and the like because nothing can be spoiled for me now.
It's bittersweet. I know that I've said that before. And I know that I believed it when I said it. But there's a finality to an amazing story when one closes the final chapter and puts the book down on the coffee table. The story of Harry Potter is now known to anyone who wishes to hear it, not just within the brilliant mind of an amazing author in Scotland. Seriously, I'm in awe of the woman. Will there ever be another writer quite like her? Could I ever hope to be as good as her? She's awesome. I'm so glad that this last book was as good as the epic story deserves.

No comments: