Thursday, July 5

Ducks

It's been quite a while since I sat down to blog and had no idea what the subject of the post would be. Really, as I sit here, I'm in a creative mindfart, and can think of nothing interesting about which to write. I should have one of those inspiration on a card decks for days like this. I know I've seen those somewhere. I can't remember now, but I swear that the next time I see it, I'll buy one. By way of stream of consciousness, I'll just run through my day and hope that something interesting will come of it.
I finally got all the donation stuff out of my office closet and to the Goodwill. No kidding, there were five shopping bags and two boxes. I have no idea where all this stuff comes from, but it seems to accumulate in piles in that closet. I need to stop by U-Haul and pick up some moving boxes to better organize the stuff still in the closet. Some of it, like a certain lava lamp and saguaro neon light, must be preserved for my future library shelves.
For all my bitching about my new windshield sunshade, I think it's working really well. I bought the thing not realizing that it was actually in two parts. Lame, I thought, but in practice, it's blocking the sun and heat okay, and that is a necessity in this town right now.
My current favorite HBO movie is Pride and Prejudice. Every time it's on, I'm watching it. Today, in fact, it was on twice, once this morning and again this afternoon. I watched it both times. Actually, "watched" is my loose term for having the movie on in the background while I play with, clean up after, and chase around my little girl.
I finished my second book last night in as many weeks to fulfill my internal goal to read two books from my to-be-read pile before Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows comes along (July 21! Yay!). I enjoyed Deception Point, by Dan Brown, and am glad that I finally took the time to crack its spine.
I found the most excellent photo of Oliver this afternoon as I futzed with different pictures and frames in my office. It's of him running and jumping through his first snowfall (Allston, Mass.). I love it because it's slightly off-center, and he's mid-leap and clearly having a blast. You all would have loved to be able to watch that kid run around in the fresh snow. He'd get so full of snow, so tired and so euphoric on those days. In the South End, we would take him to the park across the street in the middle of the storm and let him run around to his heart's content. I miss that I can't do that for him anymore.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a funny giggle...thanks for the smiles