Saturday, June 23

What's that smell?

It's so hard to find a new fragrance. You know how every once in a while, you just think, "I've got to smell like something else." I've been on the hunt for some time now, and really, have been quite disappointed by what's out there. If it doesn't smell like an old woman, then it's something that a teenager would wear. Both options just don't do it for me.
Yesterday though, while scooting our way through Saks Fifth Avenue's perfume counters to the restroom, Mom and I were nicely accosted by a pretty girl with a square bottle. "Would you like to try Versace?" Since she offered it on a paper strip rather than attempt to squirt me directly, I decided to take the polite route. "Sure," I said, took the paper, and kept heading down the hall. Color me surprised when I lifted the paper to my nose and was pleased by the scent residing there.
Rather than commit to the smell right there, I had the girl (a twin of Cameron Diaz) spritz my wrist as a test. Thankfully, Saks was our first stop so I was able to get some mileage out of my scent test before leaving the shopping area. About 30 minutes, and some time both in the sun and in shops, later, I decided that I really liked this particular smell. I made my purchase, but still only bought the small bottle.
I was pleased to note that, in the bag, the salesperson had also dropped some samples for me. I'm not dumb, my dears. I've wasted too much money on a scent that I ultimately decided I didn't like. Thank goodness for these samples. I'll be experimenting with them for the next day or two before deciding whether this new smell will really become my new scent. So far, I'll glad to say, it's gotten positive reviews.

No comments: