Monday, June 18

Tonight's intriguing television

I'm an armchair observer of the British princes. I'll read something if it comes across my path, but rarely go out of my way to investigate or find anything on them. Tonight though, I made the time to sit and watch the Dateline NBC interview that Matt Lauer conducted with Prince William and Prince Harry. I was intrigued, I'll admit, and completely fell for the network's marketing campaign. I've always given the boys the benefit of the doubt when it comes to their press coverage. I'm glad of that, because having watched them tonight, I'm happy to see that they seem to be normal guys (as normal as they can be anyway), dealing with a life of extraordinary circumstances. And after 10 years, they are still a couple of protective boys regarding their mother. I didn't expect anything less of them, actually. I'm intrigued by the "Concert for Diana," and will be happy to watch it July 1 (if only to check out Duran Duran) ... assuming I remember.

I've painted nails on my fingers and toes the most delicious shade of purple. It's a shimmery, dark lavender that seems to complement my porcelain (Brian would say "pasty") skin. I always get so annoyed at myself because I put off doing my nails for so long. It's stupid that I fight it, since the process only takes 45 minutes or so, and then I get to sit back and watch TV with no should-be-doing-something-else guilt while I'm waiting for them to dry.

No comments: