Saturday, June 16

Switch to the left

I had the most lovely lunch today. Thanks to Tara, who was my lunch companion, and the adorable place we ate, I had my first girlie lunch in a while. More than two hours of chat, giggles, and melancholy memories were just what I needed today. (Thank you, T! You're awesome!) Even though the outdoor table got a bit warm by the end of our lunchtime, the restaurant was a new and wonderful place for me to take people. We started with hummus and spicy pita chips; Tara had the crab cakes with a baby green salad; I had the chicken strawberry salad (amazing); and we finished up with the chocolate raspberry baby cake (incredible). Just as Tara said it was, it's a perfect place to take Mom, and I can't wait to introduce her to it!

So how many of you know that there is this switch on a ceiling fan that changes the blade direction, which in turn changes whether it'll blow cooler or warmer air? Am I the only person ignorant of this phenomena? Katy is the brilliant person who said, after listening to me complain about the fans not blowing cool enough, "Well, are you sure the blades are going the right way?" Needless to say, we checked out the blade direction, but it's been so frickin' hot here that either way it was too warm in Part 2 of the apartment. Tonight though, I was able to investigate this blade-direction thing, and found that, no, they weren't turning properly to cool the room. I've fixed that, so I'm hoping that all will be better soon.

No comments: