Sunday, June 24

Studio sucky

I remember what else I wanted to write about today.
This afternoon, as Sydney slept, I watched last week's Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip. Next week is the show's final episode. Um, good. If the rest of the season's offerings were going to be as s-l-o-w as the last three episodes, complete with minimal character development, maximum emotional theatrics, and well, boredom, I'm glad I won't have to suffer through it anymore. (Well, beyond next week anyway.)
What is up with this show? It started out as a cool little firecracker, and has devolved into some icky tripe that I can barely get through, and that's without the commercial breaks! I love so much about it: Matthew Perry, Bradley Whitford, Steven Weber, Timothy Busfield, Amanda Peet; and, more in the initial episodes than in the past few, crackling dialog and smooth quips.
I hate that a show I loved has fallen into a shadow of itself (just like Gilmore Girls did). I hate that, because of this, we may never get another Aaron Sorkin show on television (criminal). I hate that it may take a season or two for Perry and Whitford to get on the screen again. I hate that I invested emotion, time and effort in the death of this show.

No comments: