Saturday, June 9

She doesn't have a Sox hat though

It looks like the kid will be going to her first Red Sox game tomorrow. The temporary nanny that I arranged to ensure that we would be able to attend the game on our own flaked out on us (with a back injury). Because of that, Brian and I have decided that, well, our seats aren't that amazing anyway, so we might as well bring her along with us. I know, that doesn't sound at all enthusiastic. I will say that thank goodness the nanny was here on Friday so we could go to the movies. If we hadn't had a few hours to ourselves that day, I'd be a lot more irritated right now!

Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End
is a decent-enough movie, but not at all the closure that I was looking for. I mean, yes, the loose ends were tied up and we did get to see Keith Richards in pirate garb, but I still didn't love it as much as I would have liked. I just felt like each star said to the script writers, "In this movie, I would like my character to do this ...," and it was added. It was a bit disappointing, actually. Still, as it's the first movie theater offering I've seen in close to a year, I loved it!

Speaking of movies, I can't wait to see Ocean's Thirteen. I just finished reading an interview that Brad Pitt and George Clooney participated in for Entertainment Weekly, and if anything, I'm more excited to see this flick. I always love a good movie, and it's even better when you know the actors had fun working on. There's no denying that these guys had fun, and that makes the whole thing that much more awesome. Maybe we'll get to go next weekend.

No comments: