Sunday, June 10

Section Q, row 17, seats 9, 10 and 11

I'm tired. Really tired. As I write this, I'm yawning.
The Red Sox may have lost, but we had a great afternoon anyway. You remember how I was all, "We'll just take her with us because our seats suck"? Well, never one to sit back on crappy seats, I hopped on the Diamondbacks web site this morning to see if we could get a better set of three seats. I had thought that if we got Syd a seat of her own, we could bring along the baby carrier and have someplace for her to hang out not on us. The team must have released more tickets to the public last night or this morning, because I got us some wicked good seats for today's game. We were, if you can believe it, 17 rows up from the Diamondbacks' dugout. Field-level was, of course, a bit more expensive than we had planned on paying, but, at the end of it all, we thought, "This is going to be our only Red Sox game this year, so let's make it an awesome one."
Anyway, our little girl was a frickin' rock star for the whole game. She even managed to sneak in a half-hour nap during the fifth inning! And let me just say that getting a seat for her carrier was a brilliant, brilliant, brilliant idea on my part! The carrier fit perfectly, and putting her between us kept her occupied and entertained by us both, jumping from both our laps to her seat constantly, and not bothering all the others around us. Everyone around us thoroughly enjoyed her jabbering and smiling (so they said) and told us many times how cute she was, even if she is a Red Sox baby.
The game itself was pretty sucky. I hate pitching duels. Games are so much more fun when it's the offense battling it out rather than the pitchers. Still, it was good to see Dice-K pitch, and fun to berate Randy Johnson for ever being a Yankee. There was a ton ... a ton ... of Red Sox fans in the stands. Seriously, Brian and I think that at least half of the stadium was full of the Nation. It was a drag that they lost though. For whatever reason, the team that kicked D-back ass the last couple days chose to sit this one out. Doesn't matter really, we had a great day with our kid, our team and each other.

No comments: