Monday, June 4

Parisian jail

Yeah, yeah. I know. People should be held accountable for their actions. I applaud that. I really do. Sometimes though, I just feel so bad for some of them. Witness our girl here, Paris Hilton. She broke the law; she goes to jail or serves some kind of time for the community or something.
How is she different from anyone else? She's not, and she shouldn't get preferential treatment. I just feel sorry for her. I mean, here's this girl who is so removed from what most people would call "real life." She knows nothing about the real badness out there, as she's been so perfectly shielded by money and fame. And today, she's in jail. It's probably so scary for her.
I'm having a sympathy moment here, but make no mistake, I'm not that naive. I'm sure that when she gets out, she'll have a book deal and another reality show, and will be trumpeted for surviving the situation.

No comments: