Saturday, June 30

Once again, it's a Spice World

So, how, exactly, did this conversation go?

Scary Spice: C'mon, Victoria, we really need to do this!
Sporty Spice: Yes, yes, we must! All the cool '80s and '90s bands are doing reunion tours!
Posh Spice: Just because all these other wankers are doing this doesn't mean that we do.
Baby Spice: Please, Victoria. Please. I really need this! I've been doing Prego commercials stateside. I have to get back into the lights on stage!
Posh: That's ridiculous, Emma. Just say no to that stuff.
Ginger Spice: Cripes, Vic. We all didn't marry a guy who'll be playing [soccer] for $50 million a year in California. I could really use the money that this tour could bring in.
Scary: I've got a new baby and a probably paternity case to fight, luv. Please do this for me!
Baby: It'll only take a few months, I promise.
Sporty: I'll carry your shoulder bags for you, Victoria. Anything!
Posh: I wish I could tell you all to sod off, but I don't need that kind of publicity.
Ginger: Great! So, you're in! Umm, will you be the one to call our old publicist? He's not taken my calls in a while.
Scary: Mine, neither. You'll do it, won't you Victoria?
Posh: I can't believe I'm doing this. Fine, I'll smile and play along, but you remember, every day that goes by on this tour, that I do not need to be doing this.

I would almost go to this concert, but I'm positive that the ticket price would not be worth the three or four songs that I'll know and can sing along to. Oh yeah, and Brian said he would disown me as a cool wife if I went to it.

No comments: