Tuesday, June 19

Not that anyone's asking

So Sydney's almost eight months old now. She's about the same age as a couple little girls in our Music class on Tuesdays. I found out today that two of these girls' moms in the class are pregnant. In fact, they are at the end of their first trimesters. One had the big ultrasound today and found out that their new baby will be a boy. I don't know how these women with kids so close together do it. Of course, one of these new moms-to-be freely admits that this latest bundle of joy was a mistake/accident.
Really, right now, I can't think of anything worse than being pregnant again. I'm just starting to have real fun with the baby I've got, and beginning to appreciate her little budding personality. I couldn't imagine sharing her with someone else, even if it did end up being her brother or sister.

Speaking of baby, Sydney and I had our first trip to the swimming pool this afternoon. I almost passed out blowing up her little float, but she had such a good time moving around in the water, kicking her feet this way and that, and splashing drops all over her face. Already, her little pink bathing suit is a bit too small, but it'll work for the next month or two. It only took us 30 minutes to get ready for the pool, though now that I know what to bring, it'll go a bit faster. It's my intention for this to become a regular thing. (But seriously, I was more nervous about how I would deal with being in a bathing suit than she. Yikes.)

No comments: