Sunday, June 17

41 down, 9 to go

I got the Washington quarter today! Excitement! As I entered it into my U.S. Mint collectible fold-out map of the country, I felt a surge of anticipation for the day when we finally receive the last of our state quarters. Only nine more to go!
I have no idea how long it was in my wallet. I pulled out all my change for Sonic at lunch and was struck by how shiny one of my quarters was. I looked at it a second time and was pleased to see a "2007" at the bottom. "Yay!" I thought. I don't remember having seen this one! A new quarter!
Freakishly, this was one of those random things that comes along and makes your day a bit brighter. I mean, I was dragging quite a bit this afternoon, what with sending out two Father's Day cards rather than three this year, and this shiny quarter, and the eager excitement I felt towards finding the rest of them throughout this year and next, gave me something to smile about. Call it stupid and trivial, but that is exactly what I needed today.
State quarters left to collect: Idaho, Wyoming, Utah (2007); Oklahoma, New Mexico, Arizona, Alaska, Hawaii (2008).

No comments: