Saturday, May 5

Southwestern eggrolls and a salad

So I spend this Saturday night at home watching the fights with my hubby. I'm no fan of the sport, in fact, I hate watching boxing at any time. But Brian was intrigued, and, since I like to sit next to Brian, it's the fight on television tonight. The first two fights are over already, and I actually watched them. Right now, Oscar De La Hoya and Floyd Mayweather are in the ring, dancing around a little, and preparing for their big event. I have no allegiance to either of them, and couldn't care less who walks out of this one a winner.

We did some productive stuff today, though I didn't get as much done as I wanted. We did make it over to the Costco home store, and made arrangements to have them come and pick up our sofa. Actually, we paid for them to pick it up. They'll call me next week to let me know when they'll be by to get it. Unfortunately, we didn't find anything at the store to replace our outgoing sofa, so I need to find some furniture stores for us to check out. As it is though, Brian trusts me to find us a good sofa (as long as it's pwoofy) within the next two weeks before Costco comes to get our current piece. That, of course, is tacit approval that I get to pick whichever one I want, provided he doesn't have to go through the search with me. Fair enough, I guess. After the home store, we hit the actual Costco, picking up fun stuff like toilet paper and trash bags, as well as some frozen food items.
But that is not today's gravy. Wait for it ... Brian consented to eat lunch at Chili's. Why he doesn't like the restaurant is beyond me. Seriously, it's one of the most benign places ever.

No comments: