Tuesday, May 29

Slightly cooling, yet squishy

I made brownies today. Well, more accurately, I messed up my brownies today. Actually, I didn't so much "mess," as I did make an idiot out of myself.
I was stirring the batter, you know, my favorite part, when I lifted up the bowl to see through the bottom if all the ingredients had mixed. They hadn't, so I started to mix the batter while watching through the bottom. Suddenly, I felt something weird hit my foot. You see, it wasn't even the sound of the batter hitting the floor that distracted me, no. It was the batter actually beginning to spill on my toes. Anyway, I quickly pulled down the bowl to realize that, yes, as I was stirring, I was also slowly tilting, and in that, the batter was spilling.
With about a quarter of the batter now unusable, I baked the brownies in a smaller pan. They turned out really well. I just had my first one. Yummy stuff.
The rug's clean now, too. The washing of it moves the washer around a lot. The drying of it takes four cycles through my dryer.
I did tell Brian about this, just so you know. He called this afternoon and needed a fun story to make him smile. This one worked.

[Editor's note: This is not my brownie. I would never have such an ugly plate upon which to put it.]

No comments: