Tuesday, May 8

My scalp's a bit warm

I've got Saran Wrap on my head. Yes, my head is wrapped up in plastic, like some weird translucent turban. I've applied the color on my hair, by myself, and am waiting for it to soak all in and take away the pink. I've made a bigger mess in my bathroom than Brian does when he shaves his head.
Malia concocted the color, included the gloves and application bottle even, and gave some very specific instructions. Reasons why I love Malia: she and I have the same birthday; we tell each other everything; she encourages my whims (pink highlights), denies my flights of fancy (not a blonde), and totally digs it when I sit in her chair and say, "Let's cut it all off." She also ends her very specific instructions with the statement, "It's pretty simple. You can't ruin anything so don't worry."
I thoroughly enjoy how well some of my favorite people know me. All my friends were like, "Pink hair? Whatever. That's so you." And my fave hairdresser in the world was all, "I know you. You could screw this up, so I'll make it as easy as possible. And, I'll make it idiot-proof."

No comments: