Monday, April 23

Two stars, if that many

Who doesn't have a movie/television crush? (Since I'm an adult now, we'll call it a "crunch," since it's really more of a passing fancy than a posters-on-my-wall type feeling.) It's fun how these crunches develop, seemingly from nothing at all. My new crunch? Actor Nathan Fillion. Not much of a hottie, I'll admit, but I've always enjoyed the guys who make me laugh, or, in the case of Fillion, take on a character with whom I would happily go on adventures. Fillion's Capt. Malcolm Reynolds of the television show Firefly and the movie Serenity, is that character, and the impetus behind this newest crunch. (I'll stop saying it now.)
Unfortunately, falling for a new guy tends to lead you into stupid mistakes, and mine was watching Fillion's latest movie endeavor, Slither, on HBO last night. I noted his name as the star of the movie, and made sure to catch it. Sadly, it's a ridiculous movie about a worm from outer space that infects Michael Rooker, forcing him to kidnap a woman, infect her, and force her to eat raw dog and animal meat. Shortly thereafter, the woman explodes, and little worms take on the whole town, infecting everyone and eventually joining with Rooker to make some huge alien slug. Fillion plays the town's chief of police. I was watching it, and kept waiting for it to become a comedy. Sadly, it did not become one. Slither seemed to be taking itself seriously. At any rate, I enjoyed it because of Fillion, and will probably stop on it now every time it happens to be on, just so I can watch my latest bit of eye candy.

1 comment:

-T. said...

Aww-even "crunches" lead to heart ache!! I too have been burned by crunches: Ben Afflack comes to mind. Its such a bummer!!