Sunday, April 22

It's a bit purple, too

If you can believe it, my toe still hurts. I wore a new pair of sandals to Tara's wedding last night. The first time shoes are worn, in itself, becomes a painful series of events. Let's combine that with all manner of frivolity that is associated with weddings. Add one more thing: parking in the wrong place and deciding to hoof it up a half-mile incline, and making it about a third of the way before sending Brian back to get the car and come pick me up. (We shall ignore how out of shape I am and how much wheezing and gasping accompanied the decision to wait for the car.) As it stands right now, I'm about 24 hours beyond the wedding, and the middle toe on my left foot is still achy.
I'll tell you; I think last night's event was one of the most elegant weddings I've ever attended.
*
The flowers were simple and understated: white and yellow tulips brought out the brightness of the event, but also kept it easy and happy.
*The food was excellent: an amazing lobster bisque, and a dual entree of filet and Chilean sea bass.
*
Brian's favorite part: an open bar.
*
The music kept everyone up and on the dance floor: usually, when kids attend weddings, they monopolize the dance floor. Not so last night; the music was so good that the adults were sure to hold their own.
*
I think that this is the first wedding where, as a guest, I sat at a long, rectangular table: I dug it. Brian and I were fast enough to the table that we took the window seats, and we could enjoy the view of Phoenix.
*
Tara, of course, looked gorgeous. She was so happy, she was glowing. I hope Jeff has an idea of how lucky he is to have her in his life.

1 comment:

-T. said...

WHOLLY COW!! Sorry about the hike - and your toe!!! THANKS FOR COMING TO THE WEDDING!! It was SO great to see you both!! And thanks for the glowing review!!! Love to you!
PS - Jeff knows how lucky he is!! I remind him regularly! =)