Sunday, April 1

He was never really a poodle

* I've ordered some taffy on the internet. Yep, two pounds of key lime taffy, and it's all for me. Brian isn't a fan of the key lime, so I ordered him a couple pounds of gummy bears, that way he won't get all pouty about me getting some candy and him not. I also ordered Mom a couple pounds of the peppermint taffy. Since Taffy Town doesn't sell their taffy directly to consumers, I had to find an online store for it. Seriously, it's the best taffy ever, and it should arrive via UPS on Tuesday. I'm so excited!!
* I made a small change to the avatar (I think you'll notice; it's right there by my feet). I've changed the Oliver portion from a "fluffy poodle" to a bulldog. The bulldog look is a bit more comparable to his personality: the short hair, the under bite, the stubbornness, the stocky build.
* I've never been one for April Fool's Day jokes. I'm no good at them, and they've never been a thing in our family. So I don't have one for you.
* My niece, Ashlee, turns 16 today. I remember the day she was born: Connie in labor, everyone filing in and out of the hospital room (This was the top reason why I allowed no one but Brian, Mom and Howie in during my labor. I couldn't imagine everyone cruising through), going to Sizzler for dinner. I was 18 and mere weeks away from graduating high school. What makes me feel older? Ashlee being 16, or it being 16 years since I got out of high school? That's a tough one, really. ... Grr. They both make me feel like the years have been little more than a whisper.

No comments: