Monday, April 2

Don't need nothin', but a good time

I haven't told you guys this yet, but Mom bought tickets for Brian and I to see Poison this summer! I wonder how many of you knew that I was a huge big-hair band fan in the 80s, and Poison was one of my favorites? Well, my mommy remembered, and was all, "Hey, I've got Poison as one of my options here. Are you interested?" I was like, "Uh, hell yeah!" Of course, the real roll of the dice was going to be whether Brian would be interested. To my husband's incredible credit, he was quick to agree!
I'm really quite excited. I'm eager to see the band, but I'm also intrigued as to what the people there will be like. Will there be guys with big, huge hair and lots of makeup? Will there be groupie girls that will intimidate me with their boobs and thighs on display? Will everyone be snorting lines of coke and downing huge swallows of Jack Daniels? ... Or, will the entire audience be composed of people like Brian and I: thirty-somethings who still have a Poison CD in the car and know all the words to "Talk Dirty to Me"?
Check it! This summer, I've already got one of the best dates ever planned! Nice night, babysitter that I trust, yummy dinner and a drink or two, and my favorite boyfriend! And Poison!

No comments: