Tuesday, April 3

Fishing for king crab in Alaska

* Dancing with the Stars update: I want to thank America for not voting for Shandi. I'm okay with the fact that she's gone from the competition, as she was the "star" that I cared the least about continuing on the show.
* Picture People have finally printed and shipped the order I submitted on Mar. 21 and Mar. 22. To the credit of Lisa, the customer service representative who answered the phone that day (and who upgraded my shipping), the pictures were sent Priority Overnight, so I should get them tomorrow morning before 10:30 a.m. I've already tracked them, and they seem to be on time. I can't wait to get them, and then I can forget all about Picture People. They've broken my heart, so I'm eager to move on and find someone new.
* One of our favorite television shows premiered tonight for a new season: Deadliest Catch on The Discovery Channel. I've set up the DVR to record it for every new episode, so we're sure to not miss any of them. Tonight's show centered on the boats and their crews getting ready to take off, and their first pot drops. (See how quickly I revert back to the lingo?) Towards the end of the show though, cameras followed the Coast Guard on a rescue mission. At the show's end, the rescuers had picked up one of the distressed ship's crew, but three were still unaccounted for. It's scary really, to realize how dangerous these jobs are for the men who do them.

No comments: