Friday, April 6

Baby's first baseball/Red Sox game

And a productive Friday it was! I got such good happy things done, that it was almost bearable that my kid was a crying nightmare most of the day.
1.) New cell phone! I am the giddy owner of a Sony Ericsson phone, complete with no flipping feature, musical ringtones that can be assigned to different people, a wicked good camera with a flash, speed dial, and a quick responsive address book. On the slightly down, but definitely trendy, side, the phone does not come with a phone earpiece (only a music-listening earpiece), so I had to buy a Bluetooth thing so I could talk to people while I'm driving. ... My husband bought a BlackBerry, if you can believe it. He's fussing over the complexities of it as I type, and may or may not go by the store tomorrow (again) to ask about some other thing. He was whining about having such an old phone, and now he's got one way beyond his technological capabilities. He's so awesome!
2.) Tickets to Red Sox game! I got us some tickets to the Sunday afternoon game when the Red Sox are in town playing the Diamondbacks in June. I only got two -- as I figure a six-month-old baby doesn't need a ticket and can sit on my lap. They aren't the best seats, since I completely spaced on making a note about when they go on sale, and most of them are gone. We're thinking we'll head down to the Field early and see what kind of seats we can scalp before the game.
3.) Rocks for bougainvillea! Did you know that putting larger rocks in a plant's planter and pouring their water on them keeps the soil from caving in and creating holes at the base of the plant? I discovered this with my plumeria plant (which is bursting with new growth, by the way), and have been on the hunt for rocks for my new bougainvillea. I finally bent over and picked up some of those rocks today! Such effort on my part, yes?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rocks in the planter?

Wish I had thought of that.
DY