Thursday, March 29

Stove-top mac and cheese

I've come up with a number of ways to start off this post.
"How to tell your apartment is way too old."
"Apparently, radiation does kill."
"Really, how did they cook back then?"
"The 'ding' tolls for thee."
"And then it just stopped."
So many ideas ... and none of them good. How to begin a blog post about the microwave oven that died right in the middle of heating up cheese dip? I guess my question runs along the line of, did you know that microwaves could just die? I didn't. It's never happened to me before.
Seriously, there were 45 seconds left in the heating of the queso dip, and the microwave stopped. It just stopped. We heard a low and vague, "Wurrrr," and then the whole appliance went black. Thank goodness it didn't smoke. How do you get a smoking microwave out of its place above the oven? I'm glad I didn't have to find out.
At any rate, I'll be calling maintenance to come by tomorrow (I hope), and replace the thing. Because really, how does one prepare meals in this day and age without a microwave?

1 comment:

-T. said...

Look at it this way: maybe your new microwave will be high tech enough to clean up the cheese out out of the bowl!