Monday, March 12

Sadly, Tom T. was among them

I bought fresh address pages for my Day Runner today. I got to looking through it yesterday, and found that there were a lot of people in there that I a.) did not have a current address or phone number for, and b.) did not care about anymore.
Harsh? Perhaps, but those of you who know me, know that I do not lose touch with people; they stop communicating with me. Most of the people who were dumped from the Day Runner today have been in it for years, with no communication either way during those years. To be fair, I give everyone several years to redeem themselves before they get pushed from my address pages. (Actually, I don't know why I'm being diplomatic and not naming them, because they don't even know about the blog. One person I haven't spoken to since 1998.)
Fresh address pages though, have brought into stark reality how badly worn my Day Runner is. The top and bottom seams of the cover are split; the plastic lining has turned opaque; and the tabbed dividers are wearing through. I think that tomorrow I will go back to Staples and get a new planner.

No comments: