Thursday, March 15

It'll be cheaper, too

Truthfully, nothing really happened today. The guys did not come by and install my ceiling fans (yes, I did call again this morning. Let's hope it'll happen tomorrow).
I did make it to Baja Fresh for lunch though, and while I enjoyed my chicken quesadilla immensely, it kinda made me sick to eat all that cheese and grease. I guess that Subway commercial got to me the other night. Have you seen it? It centers on a couple at a drive-through window, ordering "blubber," "fatty love handles," and the like. The part with the guy didn't bug me, but then the woman says, "Instead of the blubber, I'll have thunder thighs and a badonkadonk butt." That quote has been running through my head ever since I heard it.
Confession: I've been eating fast food lunches regularly. I am smitten with Sonic's corn dogs and iced tea. I love Taco Bell's crunchy tacos and nachos supreme. I thoroughly enjoy a regular roast beef and a chocolate shake at Arby's. And my secret shame is still McDonald's -- love it, love it, love it. All that changes, somewhat, after today. There's a difference in what one orders at these places, you know. I remember from Weight Watchers that a small hamburger is only six points. Herein, at McD's, I'll only get a regular hamburger. Sonic: one corn dog and a large iced tea. Taco Bell: only the tacos. Arby's: junior-sized roast beef, no shake.
Rather than deny myself the pleasure of eating this food, I'll be more realistic and just cut back on what I eat. Logically, that works better for my head. If I promise that I won't eat any of it, I'll fail to keep that promise, and then eat what I want out of shame and spite.

2 comments:

-T. said...

You know what? When I saw you last, you looked thin, healthy and beautiful...if you can eat that way and look as great as you do (read: no badonka butt) then I say "vive la fast food" because..after all...we ALL wish we could!! Order a Big Mac for me - and a chocolate shake!

Kimmie G said...

Bless your heart, my dear!