Sunday, March 18

Do I even need the fans now?

It's amazing what a working air conditioner can do for you.
Last year, when I complained to apartment management that my a/c wasn't cooling enough, the guy who came over to check it did three things: he measured the temperature of the unit's outgoing air and deemed it "within normal parameters;" he changed the filters; and then he redirected all our vents to more strategically cool the house.
You all know I've been pissy about how hot my house is getting this year. I kinda decided that it was just my sucky a/c, and went with the ceiling fan thing (Nope, they still haven't been installed). Friday night I came home from dinner to realize that, you know what, my air is just not cooling as it should. Saturday morning, at 6 a.m. when I got up to feed my kid, the unit had been on all night, and my house was not at all cold.
That morning, I called the front office. "No problem," said the girl. "Maintenance is on their way over there right now." Well, I had stuff to do and no time to wait, so took off in the vain hope that this guy might do something more than just shift my vent directions.
Imagine my surprise upon coming home a few hours later to open my door and be greeted by ... a waft of cold air! My goodness! Even part two of my apartment is cooling well! Knock me over with a feather, and beat the hell out of last year's maintenance guy for not knowing what the frick he was talking about! Jeez! The unit is even cooling so well that it's working properly off the thermostat!

No comments: