Monday, March 5

Click the link! Give some women their tampons!

Deal or No Deal has been on for a while. I wouldn't venture a guess as to how many episodes -- really, I won't. Tonight, in watching the show, I was struck with a wonderment. Do the models have a pool going for every contestant? Are they silently wishing the people good or not from a room backstage? What do they do after their cases have been chosen and they've been released from the stage? For whatever reason, these questions consume me right now. And the show's web site is disturbingly vague about such things. So I will declare that yes, the models do bet on how far a contestant will go, and how much money they'll take home.

Good karma alert: I rarely pay much attention to the chain e-mails that are sent to me. In fact, I tend to delete them the second I realize what they are. (Mom knows this, but she sends a couple to me anyway.) I don't believe that good things happen by forwarding an e-mail; I don't think that anyone suddenly "receives" a million dollars; I don't think that sending a message to 15 people will cure some kid's cancer. Call me harsh and pessimistic, but the Internet, though definitely an influence, isn't that kind of powerful.
But every once in a while, someone will send something to me that I act on. More rare than that, I also post it up here on the blog. Today's one of those days, and Maria is the e-mailer who has compelled my action. Following is the e-mail and link:
You probably have never thought of this, but women's shelters in the U.S. go through thousands of tampons and pads monthly. While assistance agencies generally help with expenses of "everyday" necessities such as toilet paper, diapers and clothing, this basic need is overlooked. Seventh Generation, a green paper products and cleaning products company, has a do-good attitude and will donate a box of sanitary products to a women's shelter in your chosen state -- just for clicking the link. Talk about easy; it literally takes less than one minute and they ask nothing of you. And, yes, it is legitimate!
http://www.tampontification.com/donate.php

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you! Who would have thought...

-T. said...

Those models...one of them has been on a date with George Clooney...how bitter am I?!