Wednesday, March 7

But does he know when to use an en-dash

If I were to list for you my favorite things (an idea for the sidebar over there to left, actually), U2, the best band ever, and Vanity Fair, one of the best magazines ever, would be on it. And to have the two combine into some bizarrely ultra-cool coexistence is tripping me out. Look here, at Bono guest editing a future issue of V.F. Another awesome reason to be working at that magazine! I guess this is the first time the mag has had a guest editor, so it should be an interesting issue.
Graydon Carter, the actual editor of V.F., sits to Bono's right. Said Carter of Bono, "I think there isn't one editor in the world who would not pay attention if Bono pulled up and said he wanted to edit a magazine." I agree.
I guess the issue is going to focus on Africa (according to the gossip site I found this on), and "won't be preachy." I confess to being a bit skeptical on that. While I love Bono and U2, I don't love being preached to, and Bono does love his causes.
And here is my pessimism based on the singer's editorial prowess: I suppose I'll look forward to the very special issue of Vanity Fair, and see how the lead singer of my favorite band can screw up one of my favorite magazines.

No comments: