Monday, March 19

Beware the fans of March

The maintenance guy came by this morning to install the ceiling fans. He started in Sydney's room, and then went on to do the office fan, before the living room. Since he started in the other portions of the house, I watched television while he was working. When he asked to work in the living room, I got up to check out the other two fans. Upon seeing them: "Oh," I said. I returned to the living room to ask the guy, "Those seem kinda low, don't they?" He replied, "Yeah, I thought so, but I didn't know how much you loved them, so didn't want to say anything."
Seriously, it's hard to believe how low these fans are. I really worry about Brian bumping his forehead on the lamp portion of them. I don't like the look of them. Anyway, I asked Joe, the maintenance guy, to not install the third one in the living room. "Will you hate me if I call the office in two days and ask you to take them down?" He was very kind when he smiled, lied, and said, "No. Not at all."
I'm so pissy that these damn fans didn't work out as well as I would have liked. Of course, every time I enter the rooms I get a little more used to them, but I still have a weird, "there's something heavy hanging over my shoulder that may crash on my head at any time" kind of feeling. Grr.

No comments: