Tuesday, February 6

Vitameatavegamin

I like to admit when I fall for a company's marketing ploy. Really, I do; it's not a sign of weakness. I like it when an ad is good enough, intriguing enough, and jarring enough to make me rethink the way I do things, or what I buy. As an example: if I didn't have a kid and need a small SUV to drive, I would totally buy a Volkswagen Jetta. Those commercials are amazing.
Today, I bought a new vitamin, based solely on the ad I saw on television. I used to take Centrum. I liked the rainbow on the bottle; it made me feel safe. Then I saw the new ad for the One-a-Day vitamin for women. I didn't pay too much attention the first time I saw the ad, but the second and third time sunk into my head. I was all, "You know what? My body is different because I'm a woman. I should have a women's vitamin." Then I was all, "Brian's a man; he should have the men's vitamin." So to Target I went this morning, and, I picked up, among other things, a bottle of vitamins for me, and a bottle for Brian. I already feel more womanly: my breasts are already healthier; my bones are humming; and my uterus is happy to have some help.

No comments: