Saturday, February 24

My prediction: The Departed

ITEM!: Don't forget that the Oscars are on tomorrow night. I'm feeling a bit anticlimactic about it, to tell you the truth, because the top four acting awards are pretty much set in stone already. And the only real wild card race -- Best Picture -- is the last award of the evening. Still, I'll be attached to my television all day Sunday to catch all the pre-show stuff! I predict popcorn, other yummy snacks, and a crying companion for my show.
ITEM!: Jon and Emily are out for a visit this weekend! We had a great day yesterday, and a good dinner last night. Brian and I left Sydney with Auntie Donna for the first time. Of course, the kid slept the whole time we were gone, but I still found myself a bit nervous. I trust Donna completely, it's just that this was the first time I'd left her with anyone other than Brian or my mom.
ITEM!: I think we're off to Target to get a new trash can today. I've noticed that the rectangular simplehuman stainless steel can with the pedal to open is only $99.99 at Target. It goes for $129.99 in the Crate & Barrel catalog, and $139.99 someplace else I forget. At any rate, I've been dying for the new can, so since I've got a big man to carry it today, we'll go out and pick one up.
ITEM!: We picked up the HD cable box yesterday to go with our new TV. An extra $6 a month for 16 HD channels is a bit silly, I think, but B was insistent. I will confess that the channels do come through with remarkable clarity. He's very happy with it though, and that's all that matters to me.
ITEM!: As an M&M, I'm not particularly cute.

No comments: