Monday, February 12

I'd have flipped if it was my car

* I never had flannel sheets until five winters ago. You never really can appreciate the cozyness of flannel sheets until you're wintering in New England, where they are a necessity to getting through the cold months. During those four winters, we enjoyed, appreciated and cozied our flannel sheets. So much so that I was excited when the winter got cool enough out here for them to be put on the bed. Of course, in those four winters, I've never needed to take them off the bed in February. I have a basic guideline for when the sheets come off: when I wake up hot and sweaty three nights in a row (not due to Brian), it's time to change back to the cotton sheets. Today is that day.
* This is Mom's floral arrangement from last week's class. In it, you'll find red amaryllis and pink tulips. Pretty flowers for Valentine's Day!
* I did not watch the Grammy Awards last night. I don't really care about them. I remember writing about that last year, so won't dwell on it this time around.
* I did my part for being a good person today. Some girl hit another car in our parking lot this morning. I heard it, didn't see it, but two ladies walking down the street saw her. I went out on the balcony, and the ladies asked me if it was my car. It wasn't, but as we were discussing it, the girl drove down the street between us. The ladies flagged her down and reminded her that she'd hit a car. The girl pulled over, wrote a note for the car's owner, put it on the crunched car's windshield, and then took off. I asked the ladies if they got the girl's license plate, to which they said they had. I went downstairs to the car, and they recited it to me as I wrote it down on the girl's note. She had written, "I'm so sorry! Call me:" and had written her phone number, somewhat illegibly. I wrote on the note that I had heard the impact, and my apartment number for the car's owner to come find me if they wanted to. ... It's not that I'm an untrusting person. I just don't trust people to always do the right thing.

No comments: