Sunday, February 4

I wish I had a picture of it for you

I'm watching the Super Bowl pre-game stuff, and something I saw reminded me of another thing from a hundred years ago. The ESPN guys were interviewing Mike Ditka and some of the other Bears players from the 1985 Super Bowl, and they asked the guys about the "Super Bowl Shuffle." Then, as they were showing a clip of that video, I remembered a bit from one of those lip-synching competitions we used to have at Pinecrest. JJ, whom most of you know is still a great friend of mine, Jackie and Danielle did a routine to the "Super Bowl Shuffle." I remember that JJ was Jim McMahan; Jackie had gotten her hair cut into a short 'do the night before and everyone picked on her for getting her hair chopped for the good of the bit; and that Danielle, easily the smallest girl in the class, made for a super tiny football player. Anyway, all three wore big blue shirts, white pants or something like that, and painted black stripes under their eyes. What I can't believe is that this memory is from 1985, that I've been friends with those wonderful girls for so long, and that I'm really that old.
(Just to spread the love around, I think that Andrea, Jeannine and I did either "My Boyfriend's Back" or "Walk Like an Egyptian" in that contest.)

No comments: