Wednesday, February 7

A February resolution

I've noticed that I've been drinking a lot more soda lately. Practically every lunch has been purchased with a Coke, and I've been finishing them over the course of the afternoon. I don't know how this habit became a habit, but just the other day, I decided that I'd had enough. No more Coke for me.
I've happily returned to my non-soda liquid preferences: water, water, water, iced tea and milk. That's all I ever really drank, only indulging in a soda with Chinese food (the two go together particularly well), or having a sip or two whenever Brian would order one. So I've gone cold turkey.
Because of that, my lunch places have dwindled by a couple options. Not everyone serves fresh-brewed tea (I refuse those that sell Nestea, the devil's drink); I don't order milk at restaurants unless it's breakfast; and bottles of water are always cheaper at non-restaurant type places. Thank goodness Jack in the Box, Arby's, and Sonic make a good tea!
Anyway, I'm happy with my decision to ban the Coke from my own private menu. I remember the last time I did it, in high school, and was pleased to see pounds melt away from the depletion of sugar, and the increase of water, in my diet. Let's see if that happens again!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can use coke to clean your car windshield if your wippers chatter,then clean off the coke.

Anonymous said...

What's a wipper?