Monday, February 5

I get 10% off in the gift shop, too

Sydney G and I went to the zoo today! Mom bought us a membership to the Phoenix Zoo, which means she and I, and one guest, can visit the zoo whenever we want! So today, the kid and I did it on our own, wandering around looking at the tigers, birds, gazelles, giraffes and all the animals. (The tiger we saw was sleeping, very unlike the picture here.) I carried her around in her Baby Bjorn, allowing me to carry her, our bag and a bottle of water with minimal "pack horse" feelings. Next time though, since we don't stay that long, I think I'll just put the membership card, my ID and the money and keys in my pocket so the bag can stay in the car. It's not heavy, per se, but after an hour or so, it was certainly getting that way. I need to put a small pocket mirror in my bag though, because with the Bjorn, I can't see her face, and didn't realize that she'd fallen asleep until her head bobbed forward.

And what about those Colts? Was that a game or what? We were really very nervous after that opening kickoff return for a touchdown, but to see the Colts come back and score shortly thereafter was a confidence builder. We have some Bears fans across the hall from us though. They had their food catered in, and there was a large group of people who, getting into the second quarter, got very quiet. At the beginning of the game, we were worried that they might make too much noise once the game was over. At the end of the game, we knew that they'd all go home with their tails firmly between their legs.
And now football is over for the season. All that's left is basketball. I'm not a huge fan of that sport, so will be excited for baseball to return. Pitchers and catchers report to Spring Training on February 16. Only 11 days for the fun to begin! (How I wish that the Red Sox had their training in the Cactus League!!)

No comments: