Tuesday, January 16

So not a star

I've tried really hard to not have an opinion about this whole Donald Trump/Rosie O'Donnell thing. I agree with both sides on this, is the reason why. I do think that Miss USA should have gotten a second chance. She wasn't arrested for anything, and all she really did was act up at work, and if anyone has sympathy for that, it's me. So that's where I side with Trump; I don't think she deserved to be stripped of her title. Rosie popping off about how Trump shouldn't have given her the second chance is a valid opinion, and she has every right to express it. It all should have stopped right there.
Where Trump goes ridiculously wrong in my eyes is in the name calling and the way he's dived into this he said/she said exchange. In what universe is it okay to call someone a "loser" and a "fat pig" in the media? (Libel anyone?) If he had any class in the beginning, which I've never thought he did, name calling certainly stripped the rest of it away from him. And that he seems to be embracing and encouraging this "feud" for the sake of viewers for The Apprentice, makes him stink of classless behavior even more.
This is old news really, but today's Internet story is what made me speak out. If you can believe it, Donald Trump is receiving a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Because of this, I am outraged (and compelled to speak out in my own forum). The fact that they seem to be giving these stars out to pretty much anyone is embarrassing, but to actually sell one? The people in charge of stars should be ashamed!
(I selected this photo of Trump specifically because it shows the horror of his comb over ... and he kind of looks like he's about to blow the microphone.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rosie started it!!!

I would fight back too.