Friday, January 12

Like "Daniel" with an "f"

During the year 2006, we had a calendar with pictures of Boston in our kitchen area. I got it from Joe, my former coworker, for Christmas in 2005. When we moved to Arizona, I put it up in the kitchen again, where we would look at the pictures of our former home with nostalgia and wistfulness. For this year's calendar, I bought one of those "vegetables cut to look like animals and faces" picture calendars. It's taken us 10 days into January to decide that we would rather look at pictures of Boston again. A Boston calendar is difficult to find in Arizona, but not so on the Internet. I found one that I liked on Amazon, and ordered it yesterday. We should have it some day next week, and we're excited for it to arrive. It's got pictures of bridges, historical buildings and famous places -- all images guaranteed to make us almost forget about the city's bad stuff, like no parking spaces, the smell of the T, how frickin' cold it is in the winter, and the prowess of other drivers along Mass Ave.

No comments: