Wednesday, January 3

Is garland a year-round thing?

I'm valiantly fighting a cold right now. It started its attack, officially, yesterday. I woke up with a crappy feeling throat. Such perfect timing, really, what with the baby and everything. How does one cope with a cold and not give it to the kid when one is the only person with which the baby spends all day and night? Anyway, I'm trying not to breathe on her (trying is the right word), and am downing Airborne like no one's business (Mom and others swear by it, so I thought I'd try it, too). Here's hoping that tomorrow morning will feel better than today's.
I took down all the Christmas decorations today. My house is looking normal again, though Brian prefers the adjective "boring." I tossed out a bunch of stuff that I won't use ever again, and have a bag of treats for donation. Somehow though, I have about two more bins worth of decorations than I had when I started this year. I know that Sydney's stuff takes up one, but I'm surprised to note that so much other stuff didn't fit in my standard four bins of decor. I may be off to Target tomorrow for more bins, but I'll see how I'm feeling first.
The power of positive thinking! This is NOT a cold! It will NOT get me! I WILL protect my baby from it!! It will DIE!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loving the new blog...beautiful shade of purple, great new format, wonderful pictures and VERY entertaining content. SO happy to see you are back in the swing of things! Keep it up, your fans are appreciative.

Kimmie G said...

My mom digs me.