Saturday, January 13

I think there's a mum in there

ITEM!: Here's Mom's floral arrangement for this week. She gave me no explanation of what flowers it contains. I have no idea what's going on here.
ITEM!: I am digging this lawsuit by the guy in California who wants to take his new wife's last name with the same ease as she would have been able to take his. Women, in all but six states, need do nothing but put a check in a box to take their husband's names. (In those six states, men also have that easy option.) Outside those six states, men have to file a petition, pay a fee, put a notice in the local paper for weeks, and appear before a judge. Of course this is gender discrimination! Why shouldn't men have the easy way to change their name upon getting married, too? Instead of that time-consuming process, this guy and his wife have filed suit against the state to have the name-changing processes changed. Cheers to them!
ITEM!: Don't forget that the Golden Globes are on NBC Sunday night! Always a fun time, the Globes provide some good quotes, interesting clothing decisions and lively water-cooler commenting the next day. I wouldn't miss them for the world!!
ITEM!: Also on Sunday is the premiere of this season's 24. I wasn't going to watch it at all, but I'll admit that I've been seduced by the previews, and this season looks like another good one. I'll DVR it though, so I can watch the Globes in real time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No mums actually...the large flower on the left is an ornamental cabbage, there are white ranunculus, pink lisianthus, white snapdragons, some pale green lilies (that haven't opened yet) and the branch out the top is oak with green and copper lichen. It is absolutely gorgeous, if I do say so myself. Kuddos to the floral teacher!!