Sunday, January 7

Call them Dallas' team

It's officially a cold now. Damn it. And to make it even worse, I think Sydney G. has caught it, too.

(In a post topic sure to upset JJ, Kimmie starts off by asking) When did the world, the media, and the buzz behind the NFL ever decide that the Dallas Cowboys were "America's Team"? There's nothing more American than football, a sport made up entirely for the rough and tumble people of this nation. And there are no football teams outside of these borders. So what makes the Cowboys the team to represent the United States? Is it because their team mascot/logo is the typical American "cowboy"? The guy who tamed the land of the West, roped cattle and all that? Well then explain to me how that is more American than the New England Patriots? Or the New York Giants or Jets? Or the San Francisco 49ers? Or the Green Bay Packers? Or the Oakland Raiders? I propose that the Cowboys be stripped of this ceremonial title. Every team in the NFL is some American's team. Pettyishly, and for this very reason, I was quite pleased to see the Cowboys lose to Seattle last night and take a trip home from the NFL post-season. (For the record, I'm not a fan of Bill Parcells' either, and I like that he's home watching games next weekend.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my....the cold has made you a little testy! Poor JJ...your Aunt was born in Dallas, does that help any? You do have a point though, I never did understand where and why they got that byline.

Anonymous said...

I hate colds!
NEVER liked the Cowboys either so it makes me happy they are back at the ranch.

-T. said...

Yah, I never got that either...especially since I am from Green Bay...and further supported by my hatred for that team.