Wednesday, January 31

At least $300 in four years

In Boston, a person can't get away with any real parking violations. I'll admit to creating a few tenuous spots while we were living in the South End, and I'll celebrate getting away with it on those nights, but in general, a person who parks illegally in that town gets a parking ticket within seconds. Really, it's creepy. It's like the Bostonian parking enforcement officers drop out of the sky, write the ticket, and then poof! disappear in the blink of an eye. Because of this ability of theirs, and even despite some of our more valiant attempts to create spots or be faster than the ticket writing, Brian and I have accrued and paid our fair share of violations. And because of this, I get indignant when someone gets away with a parking infraction, especially one that would get you towed inside five minutes in Red Sox town.
So now you can imagine my annoyance with this blue Camry that has parked in front of a fire hydrant on our street the last three nights in a row. I know that this must be against the law here, too, so I was amazed that this idiot driver was getting away with this ridiculous parking spot choice. I said to Brian last night, "I wish I wasn't such a nice person. I'd like to call the police and have that car towed. If my house burns to the ground just because it took the fire department an extra 25 seconds to get to that hydrant, I'm going to be really mad."
It's weird that I mentioned that last night, and yet cool that I did. This morning, I was so pleased to look out my window and see a bright, shiny, white parking ticket on that Camry's windshield. And now, having returned home from my errands and getting lunch, the Camry is gone. Huzzah! Maybe it was towed!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Except if you are a Boston City Councilor. Apparently then parking tickets don't apply to you.

Kimmie G said...

THAT is messed up! Cheater!

Anonymous said...

Love the new avitar! No comment on the $$ of the parking tickets and towing charges!