Thursday, December 14

Happy with proper spelling

So much going on!!
  • We've tried a couple new restaurants recently. Much to Tara's chagrin, we visited an establishment called Pink Taco for lunch on Tuesday. As offensive as the name may be, the food was actually pretty good. I had a chicken chimichanga, and we thoroughly enjoyed the kitchen's queso dip. And speaking of good queso dip (which I think is a new obsession of ours), Brian and I also stopped by Salty Senorita. There, I experimented with eating the empanadas, which were very good, and Brian had the Mexican street tacos, which he enjoyed. Sydney didn't enjoy any of it, so we left quickly, but at least we got through most of the meal without having to hold her.
  • I got a lot of Christmas shopping done over the weekend. There are still a couple people on my list hanging out, but I think I'll be able to finish it up over the next day or two.
  • The Golden Globe nominees were announced this morning! (Yay! Awards season is here!) Those I like in movies: Leonardo DiCaprio was nominated for both The Departed and Blood Diamond; Johnny Depp for Pirates: Dead Man's Chest; Kate Winslet for Little Children; Aaron Eckhart for Thank You for Smoking; Ben Affleck, Brad Pitt, Jack Nicholson and Mark Wahlberg in the supporting actor category; Martin Scorsese for The Departed; Cars; The Departed. In television: Heroes and Lost; Steve Carell and The Office; Zach Braff; Jeremy Piven and Masi Oka in the supporting actor category.
  • Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt made their first "public appearance" as a couple for the paparazzi, at the premiere for her movie, The Good Shepherd. They look good, yes? Jolie also is on the upcoming issue of Vogue's cover. The article sounds as if it will be a good one, and the photos are amazing. (I saw them on line yesterday.) I still am behind this couple 100 percent. I hope that they stay together for a long time.
  • The Red Sox have spent a ridiculous amount of money for a new pitcher. Though they certainly can use the extra arm power on the mound, couldn't they have split some of that money and picked up some other help, too?
  • And for those of you who know me best, you can probably guess how much the title of the Will Smith movie, The Pursuit of Happyness, bugs me. I swear, my eye twitches every time I see it, and it hurt me to just now type the word out that way. Why, oh why is it becoming okay to grossly misspell words for no reason other than to draw attention? Would the movie have been ruined if they had spelled the word "Happyness" with an "i", as it should be? Argh!!

No comments: