Wednesday, November 22

They put red sprinkles on it, too

I know that I'm not the only one, so let me put it out there. How many of you get excited when the holiday drinks are available at Starbucks? I get so giddy that I literally have a very happy moment at the first sip of my favorite drink. The order: decaf, grande, non-fat, peppermint mocha, with whip. The holiday drinks are being offered now (I've already logged three hot and one iced drink), and I highly recommend the mocha. Also available are a gingerbread latte (too sweet for me), and an eggnog latte (too icky for me).
What brings this post about is an article on today's USAToday.com. Apparently, the holiday drink is a new trend, and most every popular coffee joint is jumping on the bandwagon. Read about it here. Don't be fooled by the article about my mochas though, they've been around as long as the lattes. My aunt, who is my hero because she's worked behind the counter at Starbucks, tells me that I can order the peppermint mocha whenever I want throughout the year. I've noted that in my memory bank, but there's just something special about only getting my favorite drink only during my favorite time of year. It makes fall and winter a bit more warm and fuzzy. (Of course, the fact that I am enjoying it in 80-degree weather rather than on a blustery chilled New England day is a bit of a drag, but that's my cross to bear.)

1 comment:

Pamela said...

I agree Kim, those coffee treats help ring in the season. Susan and I hit Starbucks a couple weeks back and they had great gingerbread and pumpkin bakery items too.

ENJOY!

PC